Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The start of a new adventure...

Do you like cars? Do you like fast cars? Do you like watching fast cars go balls out racing?

Let's switch gears.

Do you like vacations? Do you like traveling to interesting places? Do you like to sample the local culture and cuisine?

If you said yes to all of the above, you need to keep reading...

So what "drove" me to start this blog? Easy... I love racing (both doing and watching), I love to travel to interesting places, I love to eat good food (who doesn't?) So I began thinking... "What if I can combine all of those things into one cohesive and fun thing?" I hope to show you how this will all come together in the coming weeks. But first, some background.

I recently got back into following Formula 1, after many years of being a casual fan. I like to attribute this phenomenon to three things:

1. We finally got a DVR after many years of going DVR-less. (I know what you're thinking, "What took you so long?!") This enabled us to record F1 races (among other shows that might make you question my taste) and watch them later. As it turns out, I ended up spending more than a few nights burning the midnight oil watching the races this season anyway.


2. The 2012 F1 season has been one of *the* most exciting in many years. An unheard-of seven different race winners in the first seven races, lots of ups and downs, and a final showdown in Brazil with a post-race controversy to top it all off!

3. We went to our first ever F1 race, to the Canadian F1 GP in Montreal. Wow, we were both hooked instantly! The city, the circuit, the race cars, the show!

Attending the Canadian GP while experiencing Montreal for the first time was a TON of fun. However, the planning around making that trip fun, wasn't an easy task. Whenever you plan a vacation, you usually only worry about logistics, and the rest falls into place. You might book tickets to a show or reserve a restaurant. Not so when a major part of your vacation revolves around attending a 3 day racing event. We've found that precious details on getting the most fun out of attending an F1 race is scarce and spread out all over the place. Combine that with the uncertainties of exploring a new city is a daunting task. I hope to help guide people through making a memorable vacation around attending a major motorsport event like Formula 1.

So there you have it! In future updates, I plan on addressing various aspects of trip planning as well as tips and tricks, actual trip reports, and other odds and ends as I see fit. I hope you're excited about embarking on this journey with me, and more importantly, hope that you find the information useful and interesting.

Bon Voyage!

Nobu

No comments:

Post a Comment